Tour of the regions Wine Dinner
As part of the NSW Wine Festival, the Canberra District Wine Industry Association is delighted to announce a wine dinner to showcase some of the finest wines in the Canberra District.
Many people will know about the Riesling and Shiraz wines that are produced here - but due to the geographic diversity of the region, the district can produce a number of other varieties and styles - truly Liquid Geography!
This dinner will present some of these hidden gems which demonstrate the versatility of the wine region and the extraordinary talent of its winemakers (all the wines have won either a trophy or a gold medal).
Taste these wines at GRAZING Restaurant (located in the historic Royal Hotel, Gundaroo) - matched with a sensational menu devised by young innovative chef Kurt Neumann which will incorporate regional produce, including from the restaurant's own organic kitchen garden.
Where: Grazing Restaurant
Address: Cork Street, Gundaroo
When: Thursday 14 March, 6.30 for 7pm
Cost: $120 per head
Bookings Essential: 6236 8777
- Freshly shucked Bermagui rock oyster served natural with salmon pearls
Lerida Estate 2008 Brut Rosé
- Potato and ricotta filled zucchini blossom with green tomato pickle
Eden Road Wines ‘The Long Road’ 2011 Chardonnay
- Local rainbow trout house-smoked over grapevine clippings served with an olive tapenade, almond puree, puffed grains and watercress
Lark Hill Biodynamic Winery 2012 Gruner Veltliner
Wily Trout Vineyard 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- Slow food duo: 18 hour slow cooked pork belly with parsnip puree and crisp cabbage salad & Mustard-rubbed sous vide rabbit, potato and carrot galette with fried enoki.
Domaine Rogha Crois ‘Barrel Select’ 2010 Pinot Noir
Capital Wines ‘The Ambassador’ 2011 Tempranillo
- Aged cloth-bound cheddar with Cabernet and red onion marmalade, pickled walnuts and oat crackers.
Shaw Vineyard Estate Premium 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
McKellar Ridge Wines 2008 Trio (Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot)
COST $120 per head
BOOKINGS: 6236 8777